The Villa was originally built in the XV century as a hunting lodge. Between the end of the XVI and the beginning of the XVII century it became an aristocratic mansion situated at the city gates. Today the property lies in the centre of Palermo, surrounded by the historical garden and an additional 8 hectares of park, which makes the presence of traffic, shops and the general bustle of city life imperceptible.
Many notable guests have been hosted, among them Goethe, Kaiser Willhelm II, and Queen Margherita of Savoia.
In 1881 the Count invited Richard Wagner for a prolonged visit; whilst walking through the winding paths of the garden he was inspired to compose Parsifal. From that time there have always been two swans called Tristan and Isolde that glide across the lake.
In more recent years there have been other illustrious guests such as Queen Paola of Belgium, maestro Riccardo Muti and maestro Claudio Abbado with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
The rooms are decorated with antique furniture and paintings, Venetian glass chandeliers, Persian carpets, frescoes and beautiful majolica tile floors of the XVIII century. All the bathrooms have been recently refurbished.
Guests will have the privilege of experiencing a true Sicilian aristocratic atmosphere whilst enjoying every modern comfort.
The Villa is 30 minutes by car from the international airport of Palermo, ten minutes from the old historical centre and 20 minutes from the beach at Mondello.